The Business Platinum Card from American Express has increased its welcome offer from 75,000 to 100,000 points. It’s a competitive offer that most other business cards don’t match. However, you’ll need to do some serious spending to reach it.
You can get up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $25,000 within the first three months of signing up for The Business Platinum Card from American Express. The bonus is split into two tiers, each offering 50,000 points at a time:
- When you spend $10,000 in the first three months, you earn 50,000 points.
- After you spend $15,000 more in the first three months, you earn another 50,000 points.
The offer ends Dec. 4.
Is It Worth It?
This new offer is valuable, but it’s not for everyone. The card has a $595 annual fee, and the offer requires that you spend $25,000 within the first three months. Depending on the redemption option you choose, 100,000 Membership Rewards points could be worth $1,000 or more.
Comparing Welcome Offers
A 100,000-point welcome offer is tough to beat. Just a handful of business credit cards have bonuses at the same level. Here are some other large welcome offers for business credit cards:
- The United Explorer Business Card has a similar offer of up to 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 within the first three months. You’ll earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 and 50,000 more miles after reaching $25,000 in total purchases in the first three months. This card has a $95 annual fee.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers 125,000 bonus points but with a much lower spending requirement of $3,000 within the first three months. There is a $95 annual fee for this card.
- The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card earns 80,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 within the first three months. Though the bonus offers fewer points, the points themselves are worth $1,000 when you use them to book travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. You’ll pay a $95 annual fee for this card.
Should You Claim the Offer?
The spending requirement and annual fee for this offer are steep, but they might be worth it for some businesses. If you’re planning to spend $25,000 on your credit card within the next three months, this offer could pay off for you.